Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Time Flies

Wow! My head is spinning trying to keep up with the photo work I have done and need to deliver and the new jobs that I need to get done! Seems like I haven't stepped out of the office since the first of May!

The spring has been very dry, was fairly cold and my garden would have sucked anyway! There, that will be my excuse!

So no garden, probablty will plant some planters, but not much else. Hope to be able to hire a crew to at least clean up the yard, maybe start the backbone of the new landscaping.

The good news is that the basement is nearly done! I've been keeping track of it in a gallery here

I am really excited about the outcome. I suspect that the room that will make the most difference to the family is the bathroom. Daryl is most looking forward to the new office space, which he has firmly planted his stake into. For me, it is the laundry room! Hands down - laundry room.

I have ordered a 7 ft long counter top, standard 2 ft deep, mounted at 36 inches off the ground. Folding table. No longer will stacks of folded laundry stay on my dinner table. No longer will Colin need to get dressed in the dining room. No longer will there be stray socks all over the family room! Yep, for me, the laundry room reigns supreme.

The rest of the changes down there will be great - a nice open space, games table area, bar area, nice family seating area with the TV and fireplace as focal points, all very nice indeed.

Should be finished by the end of the month! Hopefully this will coincide with the end of the photo order backlog, and the start of summer yard work season!

:-)

No comments: