Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Last Photographer Standing

Well the semifinal contest time has come. Those of us that made it as final 10 in each of the first 5 rounds of this complex contest now have to enter a new shot within this two week period, fresh, without a theme. Best 10 shots, as chosen by a panel, win prizes and go on to compete in the final at some later date.

So I am trying to figure out strategy: Should I just shoot a lot, shoot each sports event, all opps in the garden, every sunset I come across?
Should I think hard about what kind of shot to set up?
Should I look through my galleries to figure out what my best shots have been and try to recreate that?
Should I go on a special road trip to find that perfect landscape?
This is going to be tough. Lots of the other contestants are accomplished at 'creating' shots, be it still lifes or portraits. This is not my typical style, although I have had some success when I've tried that.

It is certainly going to be an interesting and challenging week. Luckily, we have a very quiet weekend coming up. Unluckily, there is rain in the forecast.

No comments: