Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Ookpik

This evening I found a quarter with an ookpik on the "tails" side. This brought back a flood of childhood memories, including my 'ookpik' boots, and time in Yorkton. I also was reminded of mispronounced words from childhood(s) - my own, my sister, my kids...Shalame was my word for elephant, dadoo was Colin's word for Cookie Monster. Funny how a simple image and a quiet moment can result in such free flowing thoughts.

And then I had a completely different thought. I'd spent a lot of time trying to come up with a name for my photography business, something unique, something other than just my name. Well, Ookpik might be it. It is Canadian, it is unique, it has a personal meaning to me. So, maybe I should call the photo business Ookpik photography. I see there is another blog called Ookpik's Negativity.

So another 'word' that is unique to me is 'shalame'. Maybe Shalame photography works?

Hmm, so what do you think?

No comments: